Who we are
Our website address is: https://coolkidz.lk
When visitors leave comments on the website, we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our website, you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g., videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
What we collect and store
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Products you’ve added to the Wishlist: we’ll use this to show you and other users your favorite products, and to create targeted email campaigns.
- Wishlist you’ve created: we’ll keep track of the Wishlist you create, and make them visible to the store staff
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for 10 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
Who on our team has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Store Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you.
What we share with others
We share information with third parties who help us provide our orders and store services to you; for example –
- We accept payments through PayHere. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to PayHere, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
- We accept payments through MintPay for 3 months installment plan – “Shop Now. Pay Later”. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to MintPay, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
- We accept payments through Koko for 3 months installment plan – “Buy now pay later with Koko”. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to KokoPay, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
We use Global Parcel Delivery (Private) Limited as our delivery partner. When processing delivery information, some of your data will be passed to Global Parcel Delivery, including information required to process the delivery successfully, such as the billing or shipping information.
Please see the Global Parcel Delivery Terms & Conditions for more details.
3. Phone Numbers
We use Notify.lk, a product by Notify (Private) Limited for our SMS notification to the customers. When processing delivery information, some of your data will be passed to Notify (Private) Limited, including information required to process the delivery successfully, such as the billing or shipping information.
Please see the Notify.lk Terms & Conditions for more details.
4. Google Web Fonts
For uniform representation of fonts, this page uses web fonts provided by Google. When you open a page, your browser loads the required web fonts into your browser cache to display texts and fonts correctly.
For this purpose, your browser has to establish a direct connection to Google servers. Google thus becomes aware that our web page was accessed via your IP address. The use of Google Web fonts is done in the interest of a uniform and attractive presentation of our plugin. This constitutes a justified interest pursuant to Art. 6 (1) (f) DSGVO.
If your browser does not support web fonts, a standard font is used by your computer.
5. Meta Pixel
Our website uses plugins from Meta (formally FACEBOOK). Meta Pixel and the Conversions API of the social network “Facebook” by Meta Platforms for the following purposes: We use the Facebook pixel and the Conversions API for remarketing purposes to be able to contact you again. This allows us to display interest-based advertisements (“Facebook Ads”) to users of the website when they visit the social network “Facebook” or other websites also using this tool. In this way, we pursue the interest in displaying advertisements that are of interest to you in order to make our website or offers more interesting for you. We also use the Facebook Pixel and the Conversions API to ensure that our Facebook Ads match the potential interest of users and are not annoying. With the help of the Facebook Pixel, we can track the effectiveness of Facebook ads for statistical and market research purposes by seeing whether users were redirected to our website after clicking on a Facebook ad.
For more information on please visit Meta’s (formally FACEBOOK) data policy
Our website uses plugins from MailChimp, which is operated by Intuit. To better server you, some of your data will be passed to MailChimp including information required to process the delivery successfully, such as the billing or shipping information.
Last updated: December 29, 2022